Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

New creation of an old classic

Late entry: Feb.22

Did not no what to make for dinner one night, it is so hard to be creative all the time.  Had hamburger defrosted so decided on Shepperd's Pie, so I fried up the hamburger added a can of mushrooms, frozen veggies (Russ bought I do not like them so have to add them somehow to recipes), spices some left over coil sausage from the night before and SALSA.  It simmered while I contemplated on even serving this to the family, I decided to put it in a pie crust first lined with cheese then more cheese and then crust to cover it.  My very own meat pie, of sorts, in the oven it went and 20 mins later......tada it was done and looked good (from the outside appearance).  I cut into it to serve my self and Kailen a piece, Kailen started to eat his first and declared it....."GROSS, YUCK I NO LIKE!"  OK, now was I to believe him or try for my self??  Hmmm........I tried it and...yum yum it was actually good, to my surprise later that night Russ had some and told me the next day it was good, he enjoyed it also.  It was good enough to finish it off the next night for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment